This posting has expired and is no longer available.
Operation Homefront, a national non-profit organization that provides emergency financial assistance and other assistance to the families of our service members and wounded warriors is sourcing candidates for a Program Assistant position in San Diego, California.
Operation Homefront positions are currently being sourced by SeeKing HR. SeeKing HR is a comprehensive human resource consulting firm providing strategic guidance, program management, employee development and employment services to a variety of clients.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Associates degree in Social Services or related field, Masters preferred.
- At least 2 years successfully performing social services responsibilities and programs, in the non-profit sector.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, especially in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and fundraising database Etapestry.
- Experience with social media and communications tools.
- Strong interpersonal and management skills.
Typical duties include:
- Assists the Program Manager with all program related special events.
- Assists the Program Manager in developing local programs to meet the needs of the local community.
- Assists in the coordination with national case workers to ensure local support is provided to clients, which includes recruiting volunteers for local moves, assisting in meeting local furniture needs, identifying service providers for repair work and coordinating local resources such as food banks.
- Works in coordination with the Program Manager to schedule regular visits to VA hospitals, guard units, and similar agencies to share information about the services available through Operation Homefront.
- Ensures timely and accurate documentation of all in-kind goods provided to the Field Office directly from donors.
- Assists in the coordination with the National In-kind Goods Coordinator to ensure in-kind items are available to meet the local needs.
- Assists the Program Manager with coordination of all morale and holiday activities, to include the mandatory Back-to-School Brigade and the Holiday Toy Recon.
- Work in conjunction with the Program Manager to perform community presentations for pre-deployment briefs, Yellow Ribbon events and to other service organizations in conjunction with the Program Assistant.
- Assists Executive Director in creating community and corporate relationships and maintaining database of all community contacts
- Assists the Program Manager and Executive Director to ensure social media is utilized and updated regularly and web content is submitted regularly to the national Online Communications.
- Assists in establishing sound working relationships and cooperative arrangements with community groups and organizations and military leadership.
- Answers the main California Field Office telephone line and redirect calls as needed.
The above description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day. The candidate selected for employment will be required to submit to a criminal background check, education verification and drug test.
Interested candidates should submit their resume via our career portal on our website at www.seekinghr.com or contact us directly at (210) 679-4879 with any questions.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V