Browse Similar Jobs: Non-Profit/Social Services
Operation Homefront, a national non-profit organization that provides emergency financial assistance and other assistance to the families of our service members and wounded warriors is sourcing candidates for an Executive Director position in New Orleans, Louisiana.
Operation Homefront positions are currently being sourced by SeeKing HR. SeeKing HR is a comprehensive human resource consulting firm providing strategic guidance, program management, employee development and employment services to a variety of clients.
Qualified candidates will have:
• Bachelors degree in Business Management, Project Management, Non-profit Management or related field.
• Experience working in a chartered-Chapter structure, Chapter operations including Board development, fundraising, outreach, program delivery and social networking / marketing.
• Computer proficiency, with expertise in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Etapestry.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral and have the ability to influence, engage and manage a wide range of projects, staff and volunteers.
• Strong organizational and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail.
Typical duties include:
• Initiates, manages and coordinates fundraising activities, including solicitation of individuals, corporations, foundation and government funding prospects.
• Prepares and executes an annual development plan that includes but is not limited to an annual campaign, major gifts, multi-year donor groups, donor cultivation and stewardship activities and prospect identification.
• Coordinates all special events relating to fundraising with the VP of Development and the Field Office’s Director of Operations.
• Reaches out to military command groups to include National Guard/Reserve bases.
• Establishes sound working relationships and cooperative arrangements with community groups and organizations.
• Establishes and expands awareness about the mission of Operation Homefront among political leaders, business leaders and the general public.
• Ensures social media is used and updated regularly and web content is submitted regularly to HQ Online Communications staff for posting.
• Understands local needs and applies existing programs to meet those needs.
• Attends meetings and events in the local community beneficial to the delivery of client services.
• Recruits key Advisory Board members, informs them of organization activities and seeks their advice and expertise on a regular basis as needed.
• Develops and maintains sound financial practices to ensure the Field Office works within the approved operating budget.
• Prepares an annual calendar of events approved by the Regional Director.
• Oversees all volunteers within the Field Office’s territory, to include volunteer development and education, volunteer training and recruiting and volunteer recognition.
• Supports back office functions, such as financial management, accounting and human resource management.
The above description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day. The candidate selected for employment will be required to submit to a criminal background check, education verification and drug test.
Interested candidates should submit their resume via our career portal on our website at www.seekinghr.com or contact us directly at (210) 679-4879 with any questions.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V