Operation Homefront, a national non-profit organization that provides emergency financial assistance and other assistance to the families of our service members and wounded warriors is sourcing candidates for a Director of Major Gifts position in Rockville, Maryland.
Operation Homefront positions are currently being sourced by SeeKing HR. SeeKing HR is a comprehensive human resource consulting firm providing strategic guidance, program management, employee development and employment services to a variety of clients.
Qualified candidates will have:
* At least 2 years experience performing major gifts fundraising responsibilities, preferably in the non-profit sector.
* Bachelors degree in Fundraising or related field, preferred.
* Advanced knowledge of principles in fundraising and experience in special events.
* Extensive knowledge of principles, methods and practices in the fields of marketing and development.
* Strong knowledge of MS Office programs, especially Word and Excel, barcode technology and shipping and inbound logistics functions.
* Previous experience working with donor databases, preferred.
* Ability to adapt quickly to unexpected changes, deadlines or business demands and to make sound business judgments independently and under pressure.
* Ability to work long hours and erratic schedules as needed.
Typical duties include:
* Solicits gifts of $25,000 and higher.
* Manages relationships with approximately 75 prospective donors and will be expected to identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit and steward these potential donors.
* Works collaboratively with and in support of volunteers, other development staff and representatives to cultivate and solicit donors.
* Meets one on one with prospective donors for the purpose of cultivation and gift solicitation.
* Initiates contacts with potential leaderships and major gift donors.
* Develops appropriate cultivation strategies including working with volunteers.
* Moves potential donors in an appropriate and timely fashion toward solicitation and closure.
* Maintains stewardship contacts with donors, adheres to the highest ethical standards, demonstrates empathetic disposition and perseverance, reflects optimistic and positive attitude and conveys sensitivity to needs of the donors.
* Ensures compliance with management policies, procedures and standard operating practices.
* Develops short-term and long-term planning and goal setting.
* Reviews inquires, complaints and questions from donors. Investigates, assess, formulates and implements solutions or actions to address inquires, complaints and questions.
The above description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day. The candidate selected for employment will be required to submit to a criminal background check, education verification, fiscal responsibility, MVR and drug test.
Interested candidates should submit their resume via our career portal on our website at www.seekinghr.com or contact us directly at (210) 679-4879 with any questions.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V