Operation Homefront, a national non-profit organization that provides emergency financial assistance and other assistance to the families of our service members and wounded warriors is sourcing candidates for a Director of Development position in San Francisco, California.
Operation Homefront positions are currently being sourced by SeeKing HR. SeeKing HR is a comprehensive human resource consulting firm providing strategic guidance, program management, employee development and employment services to a variety of clients.
Qualified candidates will have:
* Bachelors degree in Business or related field, Masters preferred.
* Certified Fund Raising Executive designation.
* 3 - 5 years experience in non-profit fundraising and developing resource strategies.
* Knowledge of grant writing and foundations.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, especially in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and fundraising database Etapestry.
* Experience with social networking and marketing.
* Excellent verbal, written, visual communication skills, high organized, systematic thinker with strong interpersonal and management skills.
Typical duties include:
* Initiates, manages and coordinates fundraising activities, including solicitation of individuals, corporations, foundations and government funding prospects.
* Prepares and executes an annual development plan that includes an annual campaign, major gifts, multi-year donor groups, donor cultivation, stewardship activities and prospect identification.
* Reviews annual development plan periodically to assess outcomes and strategize annual goals as related to the strategic plan and overall goals of the organization.
* Researches and applies for grants.
* Manages the donor relations/fundraising data system to acknowledge and steward donors.
* Work closely with the Advisory Board to engage the Board in the fundraising work of the field office.
* Coordinates all special events relating to fundraising with the Director of Local Giving and the field office's Director.
The above description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day. The candidate selected for employment will be required to submit to a criminal background check, education verification, fiscal responsibility, MVR and drug test.
Interested candidates should submit their resume via our career portal on our website at www.seekinghr.com or contact us directly at (210) 679-4879 with any questions.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V