Browse Similar Jobs: Non-Profit/Social Services
Operation Homefront, a national non-profit organization that provides emergency financial assistance and other assistance to the families of our service members and wounded warriors is sourcing candidates for a Community / Hospital Liaison position in Sterling, Virginia.
Operation Homefront positions are currently being sourced by SeeKing HR. SeeKing HR is a comprehensive human resource consulting firm providing strategic guidance, program management, employee development and employment services to a variety of clients.
Qualified candidates will have:
• A proven track record with 2 years experience in non-profit related work.
• Ability to secure foundation support and facilitates special events.
• Expertise in Microsoft Office programs, especially Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Organizational skills, attention to details and a regard for excellent publications.
Typical duties include:
• Schedules visits to military hospitals, VA hospitals and Armories in their assigned service area.
• Attends pre-deployment briefings, welcome home parties, community meetings and other events as requested.
• Develops and grows relationships with clients, service providers, volunteers, military organizations or representatives, all posts, armories and bases in the area.
• Conducts verbal presentations to community groups and military leadership as directed.
• Coordinates morale and holiday activities in the assigned community.
• Helps coordinate and assist with programs directly benefiting client services.
• Promotes active participation by volunteers in the organization’s work.
The above description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day. The candidate selected for employment will be required to submit to a criminal background check, education verification and drug test.
Interested candidates should submit their resume via our career portal on our website at www.seekinghr.com or contact us directly at (210) 679-4879 with any questions.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V