This posting has expired and is no longer available.
Browse Similar Jobs: Administrative/Clerical Non-Profit/Social Services
Operation Homefront, a national non-profit organization that provides emergency financial assistance and other assistance to the families of our service members and wounded warriors is sourcing candidates for an Administrative Assistant position in Rockville, Maryland.
Operation Homefront positions are currently being sourced by SeeKing HR. SeeKing HR is a comprehensive human resource consulting firm providing strategic guidance, program management, employee development and employment services to a variety of clients.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Bachelors degree in Business Administration or related field.
- At least 1 year experience in successfully performing office and administrative responsibilities.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel.
- Ability to proficiently type 40 – 55 WPM.
- A valid Class “C” Driver’s License.
- Ability to use a personal vehicle for errands as needed.
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously under a high level of pressure in both leadership roles and as a member of various teams.
- Extensive knowledge of principles, methods and practices in the fields of marketing and development.
- Ability to work long hours and erratic schedules as necessary.
Typical duties include:
- Provides administrative support, coordinates all administrative activities for the President/Chief Executive Officer.
- Demonstrates initiative, resourcefulness and problem-solving skills in applying detailed knowledge of the responsibilities, functions and underling management structure of the department.
- Organizes and prioritizes work, establishes procedures and systems and ensures the orderly and timely flow of business through the office.
- Demonstrates the ability to compose letters and reports.
- Organizes complex reports, edits materials and ensures the correct punctuation is used.
- Maintains an organized filing system in order to locate information on request.
- Assists in collecting data to report program activity.
- Prepares routine reports and correspondences.
- Answers the President/Chief Executive Officer’s telephone calls, provides information to the caller or directs the caller to the appropriate staff member.
- Coordinates and monitors all day-to-day activities for the President/Chief Executive Officer.
- Performs general clerical duties to include but not limited to photocopying, faxing, mailing and filing.
- Coordinates all travel arrangements for the President/Chief Executive Officer.
- Supervises general management volunteers.
The above description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day. The candidate selected for employment will be required to submit to a criminal background check, education verification and drug test.
Interested candidates should submit their resume via our career portal on our website at www.seekinghr.com or contact us directly at (210) 679-4879 with any questions.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V