Operation Homefront, a national non-profit organization that provides emergency financial assistance and other assistance to the families of our service members and wounded warriors is sourcing candidates for a Community Liaison position in Tacoma, Washington.
Operation Homefront positions are currently being sourced by SeeKing HR. SeeKing HR is a comprehensive human resource consulting firm providing strategic guidance, program management, employee development and employment services to a variety of clients.
Qualified candidates will have:
* A proven track record with 2 years experience in non-profit related work.
* Ability to secure foundation support and facilitates special events.
* Expertise in Microsoft Office programs, especially Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Organizational skills, attention to details and a regard for excellent publications.
Typical duties include:
* Schedules visits to military hospitals, VA hospitals and Armories in their assigned service area.
* Attends pre-deployment briefings, welcome home parties, community meetings and other events as requested.
* Develops and grows relationships with clients, service providers, volunteers, military organizations or representatives, all posts, armories and bases in the area.
* Conducts verbal presentations to community groups and military leadership as directed.
* Coordinates morale and holiday activities in the assigned community.
* Helps coordinate and assist with programs directly benefiting client services.
* Promotes active participation by volunteers in the organization's work.
The above description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day. The candidate selected for employment will be required to submit to a criminal background check, education verification, fiscal responsibility, MVR and drug test.
Interested candidates should submit their resume via our career portal on our website at www.seekinghr.com or contact us directly at (210) 679-4879 with any questions.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V