Browse Similar Jobs: Non-Profit/Social Services
SeeKing HR, a comprehensive human resource consulting firm providing strategic guidance, program management, employee development and employment services to a variety of clients is sourcing candidates for a Community Liaison position for Operation Homefront in Norfolk, Virginia.
Qualified candidates will have:
• A proven track record with 2 years experience in non-profit related work.
• Ability to develop relationships with community partners for direct service delivery support as requested by client services.
• Strong program management skills.
• Expertise in Microsoft Office programs, especially Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Organizational skills, attention to details and a regard for excellent presentation in verbal, visual and written form.
• Ability to work daytime, evenings and weekends as necessary for fulfillment of job requirements.
• Ability to lift a maximum of 25 pounds.
Typical duties include:
• Schedules visits at local armories/reserve centers and coordinates opportunities for outreach with the VANG Family Assistance Center Representative, the local Yellow Ribbon Campaign Coordinator, the Offices of Fleet and Family Support and ACS at local installations and visits as many commands as possible within the areas of Norfolk, Portsmouth, Virginia Beach and Chesapeake.
• Schedules quarterly visits with the AW2 and OIF/OEF Clinics at the Hampton VA Medical Center and the CBWTU.
• Facilitates opportunities to attend pre-deployment briefings and/or welcome home parties as requested by local commands. This includes developing and facilitating relationships with command Ombudsman, Family Readiness Group leaders and FRSAs on area installations.
• Attends community meetings or other events sponsored by installations, commands, Family Readiness Groups, etc.
• Develops and grows relationships with clients, service providers, volunteers, military organizations or representatives within the assigned community.
• Attends special events and/or fundraisers as directed by Executive Director.
• Conducts verbal presentations to community groups and military leadership as directed.
• Coordinates morale and/or holiday activities in the assigned community to include planning, setup, assignment of volunteers and complete execution of the event.
• Promotes active participation by volunteers in the organization’s work and assists with accurate reporting of volunteer hours.
The above description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day. The candidate selected for employment will be required to submit to a criminal background check, education verification and drug test.
Interested candidates should submit their resume via our career portal on our website at www.seekinghr.com or contact us directly at (210) 679-4879 with any questions.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V